Intro to Soft Pastels, D. Mctavish
This class runs from January 18th until Feb 15th on Thursday afternoons at 1:00pm – 3:30pm (5 classes) . If this class is full, you may phone us at 306 653 1900 to add your name to a wait list.
This class is an introduction to soft pastels where students will learn and explore materials, tools, mark-making, and composition, practice their observational skills, plan paintings through notans and colour thumbnails, and use different pastel techniques to bring their paintings to life. Students will work from a still life which is challenging, but attainable, for all skill levels and lends itself nicely to soft pastel. Some drawing experience is recommended.
Please take note:
Hues Art Supply reserves the right to cancel a class due to low enrolment. A full refund will be returned to you in that case.
As per Hues Art Supply cancellation guidelines- if you cancel your registration up to 30 days prior to the beginning of the class, a full refund will be issued to you. 14 days prior to the beginning of the class, should you wish to cancel your registration – we will issue a full in-store credit that you may use for future classes or art materials. 5 days prior to the class, should you decide to cancel, we will issue an in-store credit for 50% of the cost of the class. After the five day deadline, no further refunds will be issued unless the class has been canceled by Hues Art Supply.
Born and raised in Saskatoon, Dayna McTavish studied fine art under the mentorship of Gail Adams, an accomplished Albertan pastelist. Dayna has worked with various mediums, from silverpoint to acrylics, until falling in love with soft pastel which is her primary medium to work with. Working from inspiration around Saskatchewan, Dayna primarily paints landscapes, still life, and animals. Her work has been commissioned locally and internationally.
- PastelMat: Palette #4- Dark Blue, Light Blue, Wine, Sand
- 5” x 12” minimum size
- 12” x 15.5” preferred size
- Alternatively, one large sheet of PastelMat in their choice of Dark Blue, Light Blue, Wine, or Sand and cut to size
- Unison Starter Pastel Set
- Starter 16 half stick
- Strathmore newsprint ($4.85)
- 9” x 12” pad
- Black marker- Tombow Dual Brush, or soft vine charcoal (Tombow: $5.25, vine charcoal: $2.95 Art Alternatives)
- Pencil- 4B Faber Castell ($2.75)
- Masking tape- Art Alternatives (AA) ($7.75, 3/4×60 yards)
- Fredrix Canvas Panel ($7.45)
- 14” x 18”
- Optional: chamois, paper blending tortillions, cotton gloves
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.